Friday, April 20, 2007

I Miss Board Games







These are some of the many board games I owned once, way back when I was a younger kid. I guess I must have been into ghosts and spirits and mystic things.

That Camp Granada Game was a real pain, though. It basically consisted of a camp bus and a game board. You would push the camp bus along the game board until it broke down and then you would read the instructions on the board. It was a LAME GAME.

During the summer, my friends and I would take games outside and play sitting on the picnic table in the yard. We would sit ON the table and play with the game board in the middle of us. I still keep buying games in the hope that someone will play, but it doesn't seem that people care about board games anymore. In fact, my son calls them 'bored games'. Ha ha.

Some of the best times I remember revolved around playing games -- I know I had a simple childhood. Thank goodness.

No comments: